OUTSOURCING OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Uninterrupted operation of business-critical systems.
Transparency, manageability and guaranteed quality of IT services.
- The range of the equipment serviced includes:
- - over 3500 UNIX systems;
- - about 130 storage systems with a total storage capacity of more than 13 PB of data, united within a fully functional SAN with several geographically distributed factories;
- - virtualization platforms;
- - backup systems;
- - engineering equipment for data centers.
The technical maintenance of VimpelCom – one of the largest computing complexes in Europe – has been outsourced to Jet Infosystems
The infrastructure being serviced enables the operation of VimpelCom’s business-critical systems: billing, payment acceptance, provision of media content to subscribers, management of marketing campaigns, etc. Therefore, increased requirements are imposed in terms of accessibility and the speed of troubleshooting.
Responsibility for the infrastructure, system and application software, and DBMS is divided between 3 support lines (about 30 specialists). Specialized training quickly helps new employees catch on to the process, while enabling continuous improvement in the qualifications of experienced engineers.
No more than 10 minutes
Failure response time for 1st level critical systems
Maximum 4 hours
Recovery time for critical systems
130 storage systems
3500 UNIX systems